Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday- Vintage Finds

MONDAY- Vintage finds from the thrift store, flea market, vintage shop.
I like to shop often so I have a feeling it's going to be a pain photographing all this stuff (not my strong suit)- but I'll give it a go.
SO: The two blue with magnolia flower bowls are for my mom who loves the Greenbriar in West Virginia so I will give her those two bowls for Christmas. I go to UCLA, so the vintage UCLA glass was a must. What I am excited about are those two silver tins you see in the back of the picture. They are in perfect condition with no rust. I believe they are old oil or paint cans, but they are perfect for organizational purposes. Prices: .50 cents for each bowl, .50 UCLA glass, paint cans were 1.00 each and the green bowl (picture is no good) was .50!
Was there a point posting this picture?? HA! It's a pink fire king mug. I am a big fan of fire-king EVERYTHING (not just jadite) so this was a score. Plus one of my accent colors in my kitchen is pink (pink kitchenaid mixer etc).

Here's the beautiful silver cans again, the pink fire king mug, and two white milk glass fire-king dishes which are GREAT for the kitchen anything from baking in it to serving snacks. I will shout it from the rooftops: I LOVE MILK GLASS! !





I am a major fan of vintage Christmas items. The plate in the back is a Spode Christmas Plate. It was 50 cents. The handmade Santa doll, which is SO CUTE was 1.00. The large tray is an old early 80's Hallmark tray, which is cool because it looks older. The various glasses MAY be used for drinks but I think I may use them as votives. That's one of my favorite things to do with seasonal glassware.
Thanks for reading... xo!