Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday: Favorites

I'm hesitant to do a shopping post because links expire all the time.
Welcome to neurotic blogging.
Well since big momma O just did her favorite things, I'm going to post some great things. I couldn't even begin to think of what ALL of my favorite things are so here's some stuff that I like.


I love these plates from Iomoi.com. This is a wonderful company that I have been a fan of for years. Also check out their amazing stationary, Lucite trays, and matches.


I LOVE this little man. I am just kidding, he reminds me of a Christmas version of that scary little man from the movie "Saw". Who would buy a hunt master Kris Kringle for 95 dollars?
I do love a lot of things that Horse and Hound carries. 


Like this!!!! If you have a horse lover in your life, they probably love monograms. This is great. I would love this gift. They have EVERYTHING for the horse lover in your life. 


If you don't know about Hanky Panky then you should! They make the best thongs and hipsters. So cute and flattering. They give you 10 dollars off your first purchase if you submit your email address.



If you are looking for an etched monogrammed ashtrays, glasses, or anything glass then head on over to Tom's Glass Works. He can do anything. Thanks Tom! 


This is Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation. I don't know what I would do if they stopped making it. This is something I worry about. I can't say enough good things about it. Go check it out at Sephora or ULTA. I wear 50 watts in case you were wondering. It's sheer but not as sheer as a tinted moisturizer. You GLOW with this foundation. 

Do you have a Jackie Kennedy fan in your life? Head on over to the JFK Library online store and pick something out! So much fun stuff. 


How cute is this handmade owl from BWinks??  I love this company that I found on Etsy!  Every time they sell one they post "Owl found a new home...Los Angeles, CA" or wherever the owl is going. Cute! I love owls. This is so sweet for a new baby or little kid but also just to hang out on a chair if this is your color scheme somewhere in your house. They have sooooo many colors... 



If you want to give baked goods this year, why not give them in a beautiful monogrammed box? Baking boxes (my favorite baking box company) has so many colors and you can have your monogram printed on the box so people know that the amazing cookie or jellybeans (who gives jellybeans in a box??) was from you!


This is one of my favorite things from Etsy! How sweet is this dog or cat ID tag? Great gift for your four legged friends... This is from The Happy Chihuahua! She creates so many beautiful tags for pets so check it out. 


This is my school bag. It's HUGE, the picture doesn't really capture that. The black thing inside with the "J" is my laptop sleeve if that helps put it to scale. Anyway this is from Ballard Designs. I can't say enough how much I love this bag. It is so strong, I have to carry some REALLY heavy books in there and I've used it for a year straight and there is no sign of wear. It's like the Louis Vuitton of tote bags! It's indestructible and only 25 dollars! This is a GREAT gift. 


They come in so many colors, and Ballard always offers free monogramming. I love this company. They make amazing pillow covers, furniture, and just pretty stuff! They always make things for dogs which I love too. Order the large size. 


You may have noticed this little brown and white bag peaking out of my school tote bag. Well it's a Henri Bendel Makeup Bag! They are the best. I have two different sizes and they are so easy to clean and they last forever! I can't say enough about their makeup bags. This makes a great gift as well. They are from the posh old department store in New York City who have recently opened little stores all over the country with their own name brand accessories. Their makeup bags have been around forever. It's a staple!


If you have a weimaraner (Best in Show reference) or if your dog is cool, then you have to make sure you have some Martha Stewart dog toys. How cute is this Busy Bee? I could not have a favorite things list without a Martha Stewart product. 



Saving the best for last. The Band of Brothers is the best show I've ever seen in my life. This is a moving, historically accurate, BRAVE, amazing series. If you have someone in your life who loves World War II history, a veteran, or just a lover of knowledge this is the gift. When the weather gets cold, and you have to stay inside, you curl up and you start with episode 1. I have probably done this once a year since this series came out on DVD. This story has such a big place in my heart. It is so incredibly moving I swear if I am emotional enough I could shed a tear watching the intro song. 


I love this song. 

If you don't cry watching the last episode when they are playing baseball your heart may be made of stone!

I can't say enough amazing things about this show. God bless the men of the 101st Airborne Easy Company and all our vets. Hooah!