Sunday, May 1, 2011

Slow news day


I kid. What happened today? The CIA killed Osama Bin Laden!


Everything about Bin Laden's death will be discussed ad nauseam, so I will make this brief.
Who knows what this will change or not change. It's just so wild to hear this news.
I'll go ahead and say it:
1. Who was shocked about the mansion?? Did we not all have the mental image of Bin Laden in a cave for all this time. I know he had dialysis once a week, but I really wasn't expecting him to be in a mansion.
2. CNN is reporting that he has been buried at sea? Already? What sea? Why the sea? Maybe I've watched a few too many CSI type shows, but I would think that the US Government would want to dissect the man.*
3. I'm having a hard time "celebrating" it. Very proud of our President and the CIA. So many lives have been lost in pursuing this man. Such humiliating times, so much hostility, so much fear. What a time to live in. I hope for a dramatic shift in terrorist activities, I hope the al-Qaeda training camps and members in Afghanistan, Algeria, Bosnia, Chechnya, Eritrea, Kosovo, the Philippines, Somalia, Tajikistan, and Yemen, and now Kosovo will cease to exist. Is that realistic? 


A very sorry chapter in history will hopefully begin to close.

Everyone is exhausted.


In other news:
May 1, 2011 Olivia Ruth from Knoxville, Tennessee was born.
Little Olivia Ruth, have a wonderful life.

..and be a good girl!

*I'm going to bed after this post, don't think I'm a total idiot if it comes out in the middle of the night that they are mummifying the motherfucker and putting him to rest in the Smithsonian.