Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday: Japan

I was devastated to hear last night of Japan's 8.9 earthquake and tsunami aftermath like much of the world.

Photo by Jesslee Cuizon

Tsunami waves sweeping northern Japan. Photo by Kyodo News/AP Photo

Worker inspecting section of the Joban Motorway near Mlto.
Photo by Nexco East Japan via Kyodo News/AP Photo

Natori river flooding. Photo by Yasushi Kanno/The Yomiuri/AP Photo

Vehicles crushed by a collapsed wall in Mito City
Photo by Jiji Press/AFP/Getty Images

The blue boxes below are earthquakes that have happened in the past day off of the coast of Japan.  The ones in red are earthquakes that have happened in the past hour- as of March 11, 2011 11:44 PST:
From Earthquake.usgs.gov

What can you do? Help the Red Cross.



The Red Cross outlines three ways you can help victims of disasters.
1. Donate
2. Volunteer your time
3. Give Blood. 

Visit American Red Cross at : Redcross.org

"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Mahatma Gandhi

xo Sarah